This delicious twist on a holiday staple will make all of your guests happy. Thanks to our friends at City Harvest for the delicious recipe!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 3/4 bag MI-DEL® Ginger Snaps
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Chatfield's® Date Sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp clove
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 shake of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz Chatfield's® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (about 1/3 of bag)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add gingersnaps to blender and blend until cookies are a fine consistency.
- Melt butter and coat 9” pie dish.
- Combine remaining butter and blended gingersnaps in the pie plate. Press all around with a spoon. Add gingersnaps slowly, to make sure all butter is combined properly. No need to pre-bake.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream and vanilla.
- Stir in brown sugar and date sugar.
- Add pumpkin puree and combine, using a whisk or spatula here
- Add all spices
- In a separate bowl, melt chocolate chips, using a double boiler or microwave for 15-20 seconds until chocolate is smooth enough to spread.
- Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into the pie plate.
- Pour chocolate over the pumpkin mixture and use spatula to spread the layer evenly.
- Add remaining pumpkin over the chocolate and spread evenly.
- Pop in the oven! Check after 45 min and keep pie cooking for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool, and enjoy!!
Share this Recipe