|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup grain-free paleo baking flour (we used a flour that combines arrowroot starch and almond, coconut and tapioca flours)
- 3 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or maple syrup
- Chatfield's® Date Sugar , sweeten to taste
- 1/2 cup Chatfield's® Carob Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a food processor, blend all ingredients together except for carob chips. Continue until well mixed but coconut shreds are still noticeable.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop balls of coconut mixture onto parchment paper about 2 inches apart. Ensure they are firmly packed, so they do not spread out like cookies.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown around edges and on top.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Melt carob chips on stovetop or microwave until smooth, stirring frequently.
- Gently dip bottoms of cooled macaroons into melted carob sauce, allowing excess to drip off. Or gently use butter knife to lather carob sauce onto bottoms of macaroons. Then place on dish or in Tupperware.
- Drizzle any extra carob sauce on top of macaroons.
- To set, chill carob dipped macaroons in freezer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe