|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 3/4 cup carrots , grated
- 1 tbsp ginger , grated
- Vegan buttermilk (see below)
- 2 flax seed eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Chatfield's® Date Sugar
- 2 cups vegan flour (buckwheat, almond, rice or oat)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts , for garnish
- 1/2 cup Chatfield's® Carob Chips , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line loaf tin with baking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix grated carrots, grated ginger, vegan buttermilk, flaxseed eggs, vegetable oil and date sugar.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures together and stir. Add to loaf tin.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and carob chips. Serve.
Share this Recipe