Dairy-Free Chocolate Pie
Need a chocolate fix? Not to worry, my Dairy-Free Chocolate Pie will satisfy your cravings. Dig in, my friends!
I love good chocolate! My palate can always tell the brands that aren’t high-quality. That’s why I choose Chatfield’s. It’s so rich, creamy, and has such a great flavor, you can easily tell the quality is above many other brands. A lot of their products are vegan, kosher, gluten-free certified, non-GMO project verified, and free from the common eight allergens.
Just take a look at their mission statement. I know you’ll appreciate it as much as I do.
There is no substitute for natural, premium products. For decades, Chatfield’s has been unlocking the secret to pure, clean, and wholesome baking and cooking. It is our goal to provide you, our consumer, with a premium, simple ingredient line of products that are both delicious and built to meet the needs of discerning, health-conscious consumers. Our ‘clean-label’ philosophy allows you to quickly understand what you are eating; perfect for you and your loved ones with or without food allergies. We provide superior quality ingredients that everyone, from the novice baker to the highly skilled cook, can use every day with ease in all of their favorite recipes.
Take a look at these delicious chocolate chips! I could eat the whole bag (I promise to try not to…). These are the double dark semi-sweet chips that I’m using in this recipe. I love dark chocolate, but you can use a different chip if you prefer to have a sweeter pie (no judgment here!).
For this recipe, I used a pre-made MI-DEL Chocolate Crust and just added my filling. Super easy, chocolatey, and yummy! This pie crust is allergen-friendly. It’s wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, tree nuts, shellfish, and peanut-free. And it’s NON-GMO. And FYI, MI-DEL is a sister company to Chatfield’s.
Check out how easy this Chocolate Pie is to make:
- Remove the plastic cover off the pie crust and set aside.
- In a saucepan add the filling ingredients. Stir until well blended and the chocolate chips are melted and it begins to thicken.
- Pour into the pie crust, cover with saran wrap, and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours.
Does this make anyone else think of Willy Wonka?
When it’s firm, it’s ready to eat. To make it even more tastier, you can purchase a can of dairy-free whipped cream and spread it over the top or try topping with crushed gluten and dairy-free sandwich cookies. Some shredded coconut or shaved chocolate would be great too. Get creative!
The pie set beautifully in the fridge. All that’s left to do is top it with some dairy-free whipped cream and enjoy!
It’s super easy, it’s how I roll. I spent about 20 minutes putting this pie together and getting it ready to set it in the fridge.
I used dark semi-sweet chocolate chips so the pie isn’t overly sweet. If you like it sweeter use Chatfield’s semi-sweet chocolate chips. This will help remove the deep rich flavor of the dark chocolate and make it sweeter.
You can find Chatfield’s on Amazon or your local grocery store.
You can keep this pie in the refrigerator for a week, but I don’t think it will last that long.
Find a store in your area or visit Amazon to buy Chatfield’s products!
Dairy-Free Chocolate Pie Recipe
Recipe by Mary McKinney
- 1 MI-DEL® Gluten Free Chocolate Snap Pie Crust
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup Chatfield's® Carob Chips
- 1/2 cup Chatfield's® Double Dark Semi-Sweet Chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Remove the plastic covering from the Mi-Del Pie Crust and set aside.
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat and add the filling ingredients. Stir until well blended and the chocolate chips are melted and it starts to thicken.
- Pour into the pie crust, cover with saran wrap and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When firm remove from the fridge and top with whipped cream. slice and enjoy.